Friday, January 13, 2012

Wedding Song Art

Oops! I almost forgot about an AWESOME project I am working on for our bedroom.

We painted our bedroom about 3 years ago--it was the last room in the house to get painted, mind you. Why...well, I am fickle. I wasn't sure where I was going with our master bedroom. I finally decided I wanted it to feel spa-like. Serene. Three of the walls are a light aqua ocean blue, and the wall my headboard is on is like a bowl of chocolate pudding. Since it's been painted, I have been afraid of committing to hanging anything up on the walls. Um, because, when I hang things, I don't make one hole in the wall, I make about 11. Hey, I believe in eyeballing things, I don't need no stinkin' level!

Anyhow, I digress. My point is, I finally committed to hanging something on my walls! Yay, me! And I get to MAKE it. Well, sorta.

On etsy.com, there is a shop that will take your wedding song lyrics and create them into art for $17. While I would've loved to do this myself, it was worth paying someone else to do it for me. You specify the size you want, and she will design/cut/print them. I chose six 8x8 canvases to use. When I get my lyric papers, I'll Modge-Podge them onto the 6 canvases, and hang them 1" apart in a straight line in 2 rows, 3 across, (guess I have to use a level, rats!).

What I love about this project is that, 1) It's hand-made 2) It's unique and means something to my hubs and I (it's not some random print we framed), and 3) It was fairly inexpensive. Total project including etsy.com purchase, canvases and Modge-Podge $55.

Below is the example of the finished product. This is the link to the etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisHumbleHome?ref=seller_info




No comments:

Post a Comment